About Me

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
A Blog from a gamer in a third world country, trying to come to grips with the unique challenges which that brings to the world of gaming.

Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Welcome to Gaming in the Dark!

Hi to the Internets!

First of all, an introduction:

My name is Samuel and I live in Pretoria, South Africa. Gaming wise I own a PSP, and I do some PC gaming as well. I would really like to get into XBox360 or PS3 gaming, I am working on that. South Africa being a third world country, we have some, how do you say, problems...

The newest one is called load shedding, which means that up to 10% of our country is in the dark at any one time on a given day. All this because ESKOM, our (only) power supply company, has not done their homework.

So I thought: Why not start a blog on the situation and how it impacts gaming, and I think I will probably put in some gaming news as well, especially those that impact South Africa.

And now I must probably post this because I am 99% sure my power will be cut off in 15 minutes time. :(

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button